COVID-19 Update - 29th July
Updated 29th July.
The Sydney lockdown has been extended until Saturday, 28th August at 12.01am. Restrictions will remain in place and as per NSW Government and Football NSW directive, all football activity will be suspended until this date.
What does this mean?
- No matches will be played.
- No training will be sanctioned and all training sessions are cancelled until further notice.
- No players involved in training activity will be covered by the Personal Accident insurance.
Scheduled Matches – Post Lockdown
29th July: Awaiting update from NSFA following the most recent lockdown dates.
8th July: The NSFA Competitions Department has put together two competition calendars. One is for the return of football on 17th July and the other is for 24th July.
- MiniRoos will resume as normal once football can return. Check draws for details closer to the time.
- Competition age groups will prioritise regular rounds and Finals Series are cancelled.
- Cup & Shield Competitions are cancelled.
- State Cup – TBC
Further updates will be released if the season is postponed beyond the 24th July.
Full details here: https://nsfa.asn.au/association-updates/covid-update-july-8th/
Term 3 Activities
The start date of all Term 3 Skills programs and Bilbys will be postponed until after the lockdown. More information on this website.
Kanga Cup 2021
Kanga Cup has been rescheduled for the 25th – 29th September 2021.
More information here: https://kangacup.com/new-dates-for-the-2021-mcdonalds-kanga-cup/
Check these links for more information:
NSFA Latest COVID-19 Update – 8th July
FNSW Latest COVID-19 Update – 29th July
Willoughby Council Latest COVID-19 Update – 7th July
NSW Health Latest COVID-19 News and Updates – regular updates
Kanga Cup – main Kanga Cup website