Volunteers at NFC
Select from the following for more information;
Would you like to volunteer with NFC and find out what you can do?
There are many ways you can help Northbridge FC. Here is a list of jobs, click on the job to see a Position Description.
- Team Manager – this is a very important job as without the Team Manager, the players would not get to play each week. It does require you to be organised and be comfortable with emails and updating the
- Team Coach – the enjoyment of the game is greatly enhanced by a good team coach, so this can be a very rewarding way to volunteer. Coaching is age specific and Northbridge FC offers a variety of ways to support these volunteers.
- Age Co-ordinator – theses positions are very important to the club and ensure the smooth operation of the competition for player, parents and other volunteers.
- Special Function Organiser
– PR and Marketing
- Committee Member – we are always looking for more committee members. Thanks to a great administration team, the work load for Committee Members is supported by paid staff. However decisions need to be made and actions followed up and this is where we are always looks for leadership and drive. Come to one of our Committee Meetings or the AGM to get a feel for it.
What requirements are there for you to be able to volunteer with NFC?
To become a volunteer with Northbridge FC, you will need to do 3 important steps;
- Register as a volunteer on myfootballclub.com.au, by CLICKING HERE.
- Complete the Working with Children requirements by just going to our Working with Children page and following the steps.
- Email our Registrar, Julie at email@example.com and advise her of the volunteer function you will be doing, your team and your FFA number – so she can update you details and make sure you will be part of our correspondence system.
Once you have done this, you will be part of our volunteer community and we can keep you informed.
What Team Managers need to do?
Team Managers have a variety of tasks to complete during the year. It is a busy and rewarding position. Your team will appreciate your efforts to ensure arrangements for playing are managed and communicated.
Here is a check list or the functions you will need to do. For full details of the job, refer to this Position Description – Team Manager.
At the start of the season
- Register as a Volunteer on MyFootballClub, click here.
- Ensure the Team Coach is registered as well
- Attend the Northbridge FC Start of Season Managers and Coaches Meeting and complete WWC Requirements
- Collect the Team Kit Bag (and Shirts if U12 to U18 and All Ages)
- Ensure team is all registered, photos are uploaded and knows how to order their playing kit if needed
During the Season
- Ensure the team knows when and where the game is
- Check if there will be a Kit clash and arrange for Alternate Kit if required
- Print team sheet and complete for each game
- Enter results in the Competition Management System
- Email a scanned copy of the team sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org (this should be a pdf format).
- Ensure you advise the team if they have any special duties, eg. Field setup or pack up, BBQ Duty for U7 teams
End of Season
- Return Kit bag (and Kit if applicable)
What do Coaches need to do?
Who do you contact for a question or more support?
If you need help, your first point on contact will be according to the function.
All Team Coaches and Team Managers should first contact their Age Co-ordinator, unless their question is can be answered by a specific administration person, e.g. Registration questions can be emailed to Julie at email@example.com , on-line shop queries can be emailed to Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the NFC Organisation Structure. Click the link to go to the contact details of the person required.
Our Administration Team and what they do…
Has something happened or is there something that you are not happy about that you would like to discuss with someone?
The last thing we would want at Northbridge FC is for you to have a problem or be unhappy about something and it not be addressed. Please let us know.
Feel free to contact Kym Griffen, our General Manager at email@example.com for any important issues requiring special attention.
If you have any concerns in regard to Working with Children or other Member Protection issues – please contact our Member Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org