The History of Northbridge FC – established approximately 1952.
The club was established by Ron Hall. Mr Hall was the postman from Cremorne who previously had worked in the coalfields in the Cessnock area of the Hunter Valley and was looking for a less stressful life.
There is no record of the Club before 1950 with the period between 1950 and 1953/54 as the most likely time frame that the club was established.
The first teams were U8, U10 and U12 with U14 and U16 following on over the ensuing years. The original strip was Red & White Quarters for the shirt; white shorts; and red and white hooped socks. Northbridge originally played in a Northern Suburbs Soccer Association (NSSA) that included Cremorne, Neutral Bay, Artarmon, Chatswood Rangers, Greenwich, Lane Cove, St Michaels, Hunters Hill and North Ryde. This association was run for 33 years by Bob Campbell and then for another 33 years by his son – also named – Bob.
In 1973 Northbridge joined the KDSA (presumably the Northern Suburbs Association folded at this time) and continues to complete in all age groups. The KDSA was formed in April 1957. (Source; David Tomlinson).
2011 was a significant year for the Club with its successful entry to Football New South Wales (FNSW) State League competition.