NSFA SAP LEAGUE - BOYS/MIXED ACADEMY U8-U11
*Photo: Northbridge FC U10 Academy White Team – Kanga Cup 2019 Champions.
Following a successful 2020 Academy Season we wish to provide the following information regarding our Junior Academy SAP League [Skills Acquisition Phase League] Programs for 2021.
The NFC Academy SAP teams will continue to play in the NSFA Skills Acquisition Phase League [SAP League] and will continue to provide a pathway to our Northbridge FC NPL SAP and NPL Youth League programs, as well as our NFC Academy Super League and Diamond League squads.
General SAP League Information
The goal of the NFC Academy SAP League Program is to improve development opportunities for players and coaches within our football club, while also underpinning the Northbridge NPL SAP program and the NSFA Super League and Diamond League competitions.
NSFA/NFC SAP League
- The Northbridge Academy SAP squads will train twice a week and play games on the weekends. The squads/teams will be coached by an appointed Academy coach and will be supported by the club’s Technical Director.
- This is the stream that sits underneath the Northbridge NPL stream. As in 2020, there will be no NFC NPL U8 SAP team – therefore the NFC Academy U8 SAP Squad will act as a feeder to the NFC NPL U9 SAP Squad. It will also feed the U9 Northbridge Academy SAP team for the following year.
- Northbridge will enter 2x teams per age group U8 – U11 in the 2021 season and these squads will be selected via trials.
- Squads will consist of 20-24 players in total and these squads will be made up of boys and girls.
TRIAL DATES – NFC ACADEMY SAP LEAGUE SQUADS
Trials for 2021 are complete. For more information on potential open positions, refer to https://northbridgefc.com.au/nfc-academy-trials-information/
All NSFA SAP League games will be played in allocated SAP ‘HUBs’. The Nominated SAP League hubs are listed below
- Montview – dedicated miniroos fields
- Mills Park – practice field
- NTRA – synthetic and grass fields (potentially 3 fields)
- Blackman – synthetic (potentially 2 fields)
- Chatswood High School – synthetic
- Charles Bean – synthetic
Match days will run one of two ways: A teams will play at one venue; the B teams will play at another. On some occasions the sides will play at the same venue (or even against each other)
In 2020, the SAP League was run with an early time slot (8:30 – 10:30am) and late timeslot (10:30am – 12:30pm). The expectation is that this will be repeated in 2021. The draw for the season will be published prior to season start, so teams will be able to plan their time for the entire season.
If you require more information please contact NFC Technical Director Freddie Seccombe email@example.com or you can find more information by clicking on the link https://nsfa.asn.au/recent-news/nsfa-sap-league-announced/ or check the NSFA website for a quick overview HERE.
NOTE: All information on this page regarding the NSFA SAP League Program is subject to change and confirmation by NSFA. This website will be updated as and when updates are communicated to us by NSFA.