NSFA SKILLS ACQUISITION PHASE LEAGUE [SAP LEAGUE] - BOYS/MIXED ACADEMY U8-U11
Following a successful 2019 Junior Season we wish to provide the following information regarding our Junior Academy SAP League [Skills Acquisition Phase League] Programs for 2020.
The NFC SAP teams to play in the NSFA Skills Acquisition League [SAL] will now replace the U8 North Shore Mariners [NSM] SAP and U8-11 NFC Academy teams for the coming 2020 season
General SAP League Information
The goal of the NFC Academy SAL Program is to improve development opportunities for players and coaches within our football club, while also underpinning the North Shore Mariners SAP/NPL and the NSFA Super League and Diamond League competitions.
NSFA/NFC SAP League
- The Northbridge SAPL squads will train twice a week and play games on the weekends. The squads/teams will be coached by an appointed Academy coach and will be supported by the club’s Technical Director.
- This is the stream that sits underneath the North Shore Mariners. In U8 there will be no NSM team – therefore the NFC U8 SAPL Squad will act as a feeder to the NSM U9 SAP Squad. It will also feed the U9 Northbridge Academy SAL team for the following year.
- Northbridge will enter 2x teams per age group U8 – U11 in the 2020 season and these squads will be selected via trials.
- Squads will consist of 20-24 players in total and these squads will be made up of boys and girls.
TRIAL DATES – NFC ACADEMY SAP LEAGUE SQUADS
TRiALS ARE COMPLETE AND ACADEMY SAP TEAMS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
All NSFA SAPL games will be played in an allocated SAPL ‘HUB’. The Nominated SAPL hubs listed below
- Montview – dedicated miniroos fields
- Mills Park – practice field
- NTRA – synthetic and grass fields (potentially 3 fields)
- Blackman – synthetic (potentially 2 fields)
- Chatswood High School – synthetic
- Charles Bean – synthetic
Match days will run one of two ways: A teams will play at one venue; the B teams will play at another. On some occasions the sides will play at the same venue (or even against each other)
Below are the proposed Kick off Times and age group order for 2020 SAL Program.
1. Timeslot 1 (Early)
U8 – 8.30am
U10 – 8.30am
U9 – 9.30am
U11 – 9.30am
2. Timeslot 2 (Late)
U8 – 10.30am
U10 – 10.30am
U9 – 11.30am
U11 – 11.30am
If you require more information please contact NFC Technical Director Freddie Seccombe firstname.lastname@example.org you can find more information by clicking on the link https://nsfa.asn.au/recent-news/nsfa-sap-league-announced/ or check the NSFA website for a quick overview HERE.
NOTE: All information on this page regarding the NSFA SAP League Program is subject to change and confirmation by NSFA. This website will be updated as and when updates are communicated to us by NSFA.